Terms and Conditions:
- Two Breeds Racing Club (“Club”) confers on the Member (for the duration of their membership with the Club) certain benefits associated with the Club’s ownership of the horses.
The benefits are as follows:
- Receive a 50% share in any of the prize money won by the Club’s horses in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Each member will receive their share of prize money (based on their % of membership value) of the club. (see explanation on financial page)
- Receive 25% share in the sale price of a horse belonging to “The Club” Each member will receive their share of sale money (based on their % of membership value) of the club. (see explanation on financial page)
- An opportunity to follow every one of the horses owned by the Club; Each member is welcomed to join the Racing Club in the winner’s circle any time our horses win!!
- Some racetracks may offer The Club Members certain discounts, and when offered, will be posted accordingly.
- Hospitality events linked to a race meeting or stable visit, normally involve a 2 or 3 course lunch + facilities. These are normally offered at discounted rates.
- The Club will solicit retail businesses (ie: hotels etc.) to get preferential rates for Club Members. These will be published in our newsletter.
- Membership is primarily an entertainment investment with potential return. It is not an investment opportunity, but does carry certain tax advantages in some Cities, Province, State, or Country. Tax implications are the responsibility of the member. The Club does not offer advice in any accounting or tax rules.
- In view of the unpredictable nature of the industry, no specific guarantees can be made in any respect. For example, while the intention is to maintain a certain average amount of horses in the string, and to have earnings from horse winnings there are no specific guarantees.
- Consumer Legislation gives the buyer the right to cancel a new contract they enter into with “The Club” within 14 days of the date it is concluded (agreed). A buyer can cancel their new Membership by returning their membership pack within 14 days of purchase and “The Club” will refund their payment in full.
- When the Club has a horse, a post to the internet will endeavor to keep Members up-to-date with trainer information regarding the winning chances of the horse and this information (including that accessed through the website security PIN) must not be conveyed by Members to other people. This information is not intended to promote wagering and performance by the horse is not guaranteed to be delivered in the Race. This informative comment is for members to maybe make a decision to attend the races that day or watch the horse(s) online or on TV. Our goal is to have as many members as possible in the winner’s circle with us.
- Management will make all decisions relating to the horses, trainers, administration, and general management, shall be vested in the managers if the Club. Most specifically Management will make all decision related to the horses racing program, and any potential sales of the horses, using information provided by “The Clubs” Trainers.
- Where a Member regularly fails to abide by the relevant dress code or acts in a manner which could cause harassment, embarrassment, offence or distress to another person, or warned due to the abuse of alcohol, the offending Member may be instantly barred from attending any future events and may not be able to renew his/her Club Membership. If this is the case, computer software will automatically not permit further activity. The decision of the Managers in such circumstances shall be final and binding.
- Members can “apply to obtain an owners’ badge” from “The Club” when a Club horse runs. There is no guarantee of getting a pass as this is the prerogative of the local Racing Authority and Racetrack. If successful, Members may not enter the pre-parade ring area. Note: the pre-parade ring is the area where horses are saddled and then paraded, before they make their way into the paddock area. The quantity of persons permitted to enter the paddock area is controlled by the racecourse and is limited to those persons who have been allocated an ‘owners’ badge’ for that particular race only. Persons entering any area of the racecourse on an unauthorized basis may be reported to the Stewards and this could result in a racecourse ban. Flash photography is not permitted at any racing yard or racecourse.
- When a Club horse is retired, it will either be sold or gifted, depending on the circumstances. Priority is normally given to “the Club” Members. If any Member wishes to be considered for the gifting or purchase of any horse that is being retired, an application needs to be made in writing, specifying the facilities available for keeping the horse and details of the applicant’s experience with horses. The premises will need to be checked out and a non-racing agreement signed with the “CLUB” management, barring the horse from ever participating in horse racing again.
- Where a declared horse becomes a non-runner in a race, Two Breeds Racing Club will endeavor to relay this information to Members as soon as possible, but there could be occasions where we are unable to do this. All decisions relating to entries and declarations are made by the trainer, meaning a horse becoming a non-runner is beyond the control of “The Club”. Therefore, Two Breeds Racing Club cannot accept any responsibility or liability in relation to a horse not running in a race. A horse can be withdrawn from a race for several reasons, including the health/fitness of the horse, or a change to the ‘official going’ (ground conditions).
- Membership is for personal use only and cannot be utilized for any commercial purpose.
- Additional postage costs are applicable to overseas Members.
- Copyright of all published material is the property of the Club. Material submitted by Members (letters to the editor, photographs etc.) must be their own work and the full copyright shall pass to the Club. Photographs are not normally returned.
- Members must be aged 18 or over. It is understood by the Member;
- Full legal and equitable title to the horses referred to in paragraph (i) above and all such other horses acquired by the Club from time to time always remains with the Club, at no time does the Member have a legal or equitable interest in any one or more of the horses referred to above (or any share thereof); and all rights conferred to the Member by the Club are personal to the Member alone and may not under any circumstances whatsoever be gifted, bequeathed, sold, assigned, leased, form part of a loan, offered or granted as security to any third parties.
- The name “Two Breeds Racing Club” and the Club logo, and the names are registered trademarks.
- Any person who is banned from entering a racecourse and/or ‘warned off’ by the local racing association, cannot be a member of Two Breeds Racing Club.
- The copying of substantive sections of the sentences used in these terms and conditions will be deemed an infringement of copyright, (the legal property of Two Breeds Racing Club).
- The Club reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Terms last updated 1/11/19.
Club Event Terms & Conditions:
- Any tickets issued shall always remain the property of The Club and are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not re-sell or transfer a ticket. Tickets cannot be returned for a full or partial refund under any circumstances.
- Members should call the The Club information line before setting off for any event. If The Club is aware in advance of any last-minute changes to schedule etc., this will be e-mailed to all members and posted on all social media.
- Admission to any event will only be granted on production of a valid ticket, which must be available for inspection throughout the event. The right to refuse admission to an event is reserved by The Club and/or the event venue, who may take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account at their reasonable discretion and may carry out security searches. No refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a venue for any reason.
- Belongings must not be left unattended. Vehicles and their contents are left entirely at the risk of the owners.
- Events are subject to cancellation at short notice. The Club shall not be responsible if any event is affected by weather, obstructions or any reason beyond its control. The Club, and/or the event venue, reserves the right to abandon or cancel the event without notice and without being liable to pay compensation other than, at its sole discretion, up to a maximum of the event ticket price. Any refund offered may be subject to an administration fee.
- The Club, and/or the event venue, reserves the right to make changes to the event details advertised without prior notice.
- Attending any event is at the ticket holder’s own risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any accident/injury or loss/damage to property. By attending the event, the ticket holder gives The Club and/or the event venue their consent to use their image or likeness in any live or recorded video display, photo/picture, publicity material or website.
- The Club Members are not permitted to utilize their membership (including through the attendance of any Club event) for any commercial purpose.